NCATE Standard 2
- The unit has developed an assessment system with its professional community
that reflects the conceptual framework(s) and professional and state standards.
- The unit’s system includes a comprehensive and integrated set of evaluation
measures that are used to monitor candidate performance and manage and improve
operations and programs.
- Decisions about candidate performance are based on multiple assessments
made at admission into programs, at appropriate transition points, and at
- Assessments used to determine admission, continuation in, and completion
of programs are predictors of candidate success.
- The unit takes effective steps to eliminate sources of bias in performance
assessments and works to establish the fairness, accuracy, and consistency
of its assessment procedures.
Data Collection, Analysis, and Evaluation
- The unit maintains an assessment system that provides regular and comprehensive
information on applicant qualifications, candidate proficiencies, competence
of graduates, unit operations, and program quality.
- Using multiple assessments from internal and external sources, the unit
collects data from applicants, candidates, recent graduates, faculty, and
other members of the professional community.
- The unit maintains a record of formal candidate complaints and documentation
of their resolution. These data are regularly and systematically compiled,
summarized, and analyzed to improve candidate performance, program quality,
and unit operations.
- The unit maintains its assessment system through the use of information
Use of Data for Program Improvement
- The unit regularly and systematically uses data, including candidate and
graduate performance information, to evaluate the efficacy of its courses,
programs, and clinical experiences.
- The unit analyzes program evaluation and performance assessment data to
initiate changes where indicated.
- Candidate and faculty assessment data are regularly shared with candidates
and faculty respectively to help them reflect on their performance and improve