Dr. Nancy Yost's Electronic Portfolio links http://www.coe.iup.edu/njyost/portfolios/ Susan Silverman's electronic portfolios for her students (four years). http://kids-learn.org
- Site on Reflection in Education
- ERIC Trends and Issues Alerts paper on "Teaching Critical Reflection" by Imel
- ERIC Digest "Reflective Practice in Adult Education" by Imel
- North Carolina Public Schools site on the Reflection Cycle - "Self-Assessment: The Reflective Practitioner"
- Anne Friedrichs' Continuous Learning Dialogues: Abstract
- Jenny Moon's discussion paper "Reflection in Higher Education Learning" (download RTF file)
- MIT's Center for Reflective Community Practice description of What is Reflective Practice [PDF}
- NCREL's Self-Assessment in Portfolios
- "A Guide to Self-Discovery: Facilitator's Guide to Reflection and Portfolio Development" - Saskatchewan Learning Website [PDF]
- (link has disappeared)
- "Design and Analysis of Reflection-Supporting Tools in Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning" by Seung-hee Lee
- Documenting Student Success:The Development of a Learner Portfolio by Nova Scotia Department of Education
- "Upon Further Reflection, a Few Random Thoughts" New York Times, August 30, 2006 (registration required to read article)
- Personal Learning Planner (PLP) developed by the National Institute for Community Innovations (Vermont)
Log-ins: test learner [or] test advisor [or] test admin - Password: plp
- Ball State University's rGrade
- Epsilen Portfolios - the collaboration of higher education institutions and the IUPUI CyberLab
- Alverno College's Diagnostic Digital Portfolio
- An early pioneer in the use of portfolios in Teacher Education, here us their website on their Diagnostic Digital Portfolio which maintains key performances
- Carla Piper's Dissertation on Electronic Portfolios in Teacher Education
- One of the first dissertations on the topic of electronic portfolios. A comprehensive literature review (1999).
- Joyce Morris at University of Vermont
A comprehensive guide in Higher Education
- PT3 Grant-Portfolio Connections Research Grant at University of Vermont
- Career Development Portfolios
- The Washington SOICC provides support for career development portfolios.
- Portfolio Info Site at the Amsterdam Faculty of Education
- This brand new web site was developed by the Educative Faculty of the Netherlands as an experimental project in portfolio development. The site was custom-designed to their specifications, and has both public and restricted access. An active research project, presented at the SITE conference in San Diego on a CD-ROM entitled, "Dutch Courage".
- "This web-site has two functions:
- Supporting tutors and students in creating their portfolio by means of demo portfolios, user guides and background articles.
- Information and communication with people from other institutions who are interested in the portfolio."
- The home page for the developers of The Grady Profile. Download demos and get lots of information about alternative assessment and electronic portfolios. Online demo available to download for Macintosh.
- Roger Wagner's NEW page on HyperStudio
- Includes links to sample portfolios created in HyperStudio
- Superschool Software's Portfolio Assessment Kit
- Electronic Portfolios
- Training and Consulting on Electronic Portfolio Development through presentations in-person, on videotape, or using Internet-based technologies.
- Portfolios and Self-Assessment
- from Houghton Mifflin's Education Place - brief discussion plus link to references on assessment
- Student Self-Assessment
- from Houghton-Mifflin's Education Place, included links to several brief discussions of students as active partners, self-assessment methods and self-assessment opportunities
- Europortfolio website - developed by Eifel - European Institute for eLearning
sponsors of the EuroPortfolio conferences
- FuturEd website - Established by educational futurist Kathryn Chang Barker
- School Odyssey
- David Niguidula and Hilarie Davis' web sites on digital portfolios
- Creating Electronic Portfolios
- A very nice article that summarizes the reasons for creating and using electronic portfolios.
- Martin Kimeldorf's Portfolio Library
- A comprehensive guide to the author's work and books on portfolio development.
- The National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing.
- CRESST Home Page
- http://www.cse.ucla.edu/ Links to all their publicationsions in .pdf (Adobe Acrobat -- portable document format)
- Electronic Portfolio Home Page
- A page that describes several middle school electronic portfolio projects published by Midlink online magazine.
- Susan Silverman's electronic portfolios for her students (four years).
- Tracking Your Child's Progress in Foreign Language
- NWREL Bibliographies - Portfolios
- One of the most comprehensive annotated bibliographies on Portfolio Assessment (November, 1994), assembled by Judy Arter, Northwest Regional Education Lab.
- Moss P.A., Sutherland, L.M., Haniford, L., Miller, R., Johnson, D., Geist, P.K., Koziol, S.M., Star, J.R., Pecheone, R.L., (2004, July 20). Interrogating the generalizability of portfolio assessments of beginning teachers: A qualitative study, Education Policy Analysis Archives, 12(32). Retrieved [date] from
- Schutz, A., Moss, P.A., (2004, July 20). Reasonable decisions in portfolio assessment: Evaluating complex evidence of teaching, Education Policy Analysis Archives, 12(33). Retrieved [date] from
- Wilkerson, J.R., & Lang, W.S. (2003, December 3). Portfolios, the Pied Piper of teacher certification assessments: Legal and psychometric issues. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 11(45). Retrieve [date] from
An excellent article on the issues of using portfolios for high stakes assessment.
- Electronic Portfolio Design
- An article on deciding which publishing format works best in this institution's situation
- Grady Profile Glossary - alt_assess
- A series of definitions and links to useful information about alternative assessment.
- STUDENT PORTFOLIOS: CLASSROOM USES
- US. Department of Education Office of Educational Research Consumer Guide, November, 1993.
- STUDENT PORTFOLIOS: ADMINISTRATIVE USES
- US. Department of Education Office of Educational Research Consumer Guide, December, 1993.
Return to Helen Barrett's Home Page
[Return to Portfolio Page]