Introduction to Electronic Portfolios in K-12 Education
Credit Course requirements:
2 quarter credits - 6 weeks with six lessons (40 hours) starting January 4, 2012.
This class will provide an overview of student-centered electronic learning portfolios that also support classroom-based formative Assessment FOR Learning. Emphasis will be on how teachers can support students of all ages to use desktop, laptop, or mobile devices, focusing on (mostly free) Web 2.0 tools, to: Capture & Store Digital Evidence; Reflect on Learning; Give & Receive Feedback; Plan & Set Goals; Collaborate; Showcase Selected Work; and Evaluate Online Portfolios. (This is a generic course, with no specific tools or grade levels, although part of the process is to provide an overview of the different purposes and tools available, with an emphasis on collection, reflection, and direction/goal-setting). A major product of this course is a team developed plan for implementing electronic portfolios in K-12 education.
- Facilitated Course Fee: $100 + $75 for each additional teacher from same school, submitted with same registration
Register through PayPal or send school district purchase order* with Registration Form (Word format) or (PDF Format)
- Credit Fee: $90 for two quarter credits (Register through Seattle Pacific University - Link TBA)
Participants are not required to sign up for college credit to participate in the facilitated course.
- Course content website: https://sites.google.com/site/k12eportfolios/
- Facilitated course interaction instructions to be sent upon receipt of registration fees (below)
A Google Plus account is needed if you want to participate in live discussions via Hangouts.
* Purchase orders accepted from educational institutions. Complete the Registration Form (linked above), and attach PDF version in email to Dr. Barrett, or send email to Dr. Barrett for surface mail address.
Register and Pay through PayPal
Deadline to register for facilitated course beginning in January 2012: January 16, 2012
Deadline to register for facilitated course beginning in April 2012: April1 16, 2012
Refund Policy: The content of the course is fully disclosed online, along with the various strategies for online course interaction. There will be no refund for either Facilitated Course Registration or SPU College Credit.