These are webinars conducted for CIC Teacher Educators
in the spring of 2009.
Here is the website
where these webinars are embedded.
The sub-pages provide the resources to support the webinars.
- Why do digital storytelling?
- Overview of the digital storytelling process
- Different types of digital stories that could be incorporated into teacher education
- Different tools that can be used to create digital stories
Assignment before next webinar: Script idea or outline, posted in GoogleDocs
Start collecting images
What story do you want to tell?
- What images do you need to illustrate your story?
Recording the audio narration of your story
How to assemble a story using different tools
Online resources will be available for these tools:
- Apple’s iMovie (Macintosh)
Microsoft MovieMaker2 (Windows XP or Vista)
- Microsoft PhotoStory3 (Windows XP only)
- VoiceThread (Web 2.0 online tool, any computer)
Assignment before next webinar: Record narration, select images, put together story using selected tool
- How to prepare videos for sharing online (.WMV or .MOV formats)
- Where to publish digital stories online using one of the video sharing sites
- How to share these stories with each other