Here is an overview of the process of creating a digital story.
- Script development: write the story, often with a group called a story circle to provide feedback and story development ideas
- Record the author reading the story (audio recording and editing)
- Capture and process the images to further illustrate the story (image scanning and editing)
- Combine audio and images (and any additional video) onto a timeline, add music track (video editing)
- Add Background Music, Titles, Transitions, and Effects (Optional... if there is time)
- Present or publish finished version of story
For more details on the process, go to this web page
with more detail on each step of the process, and other websites.
See J.D. Lasica's article, Digital Storytelling: A Tutorial in 10 Easy Steps